The history of our hotel
How it all started
First mentioned in a document in 1727. Built as a hunting lodge and brewery with a bar by Severin von Sterzinger from Nassereith. This is how the story of Ansitz Felsenheim began. The Sterzinger family, who became wealthy through the salt trade over the Fern Pass, steadily expanded their property in Lermoos. The family held important positions in the village, and the later owner of the estate, Dr. Jakob Josef Sterzinger, was even ennobled with the title “von Felsenheim” in 1767. The residence opened its doors to people from all over the world for many years. A renovation in 1908 allowed the historic building to shine in the then modern Art Nouveau style. After serving as a military hospital during the Second World War, the residence was again used as a restaurant until 1960.